MENTOS x CAPITAL WEEKENDER TERMS & CONDITIONS
By entering the Mentos x Capital Weekender social competition (the “Program”) you (the “Participant”) accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Promoter: the Program is owned and run by PERFETTI VAN MELLE – PVM UK, The Boatyard, 105 Straight Road, Old Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 2SE (the “Promoter”). The Promoter shall not be liable for any interruption to this Program whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond the Promoter’s control.
Third party service provider: The Walker Agency Ltd, 4th Floor, Granville Chambers, Richmond Hill, Bournemouth, BH2 6HE (the “Third Party”)
1.This Program is open to persons aged 18 or over.
2. This Program excludes employees and immediate families of Perfetti Van Melle – PVM UK, its affiliated companies, its agents or anyone professionally connected with this Program.
3. This Program is open between 25.08.2023 and 01.09.2023. (the “Promotional Period”)
4. At any time, the Promotional Period can be changed by the Promoter giving to that change the same level of advertisement than the one given to these Terms and Conditions.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
5. To enter you need to like/follow the Mentos UK and Capital UK Facebook or Instagram page, and comment on the post with why you want to go to Ibiza with Mentos UK and Capital UK.
6. Only entries on the competition post will count and all fields of the form must be complete to qualify
7. Entries must not include or in any way contain:
a) Obscene or indecent material, including but not limited to nudity, pornography or profanity;
b) Defamatory content, including but not limited to words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group;
c) Threats to any person, place, business, group or world peace.
8. One entry per person will be counted
9. The prize includes 2 x tickets for 1 night’s entry to the Capital Weekender event in Ibiza at Café Mambo, including flight tickets for 2 to Ibiza from a UK airport, and 3 nights stay in an Ibiza hotel (min 3 star and bed and breakfast board) over the weekend of 13-16th July 2023.
10. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and no cash alternative is available. Unless stated the prize will only be fulfilled to the winning entrant. We will not be able to transfer or deliver prizes to anyone else, including family members, at the winner’s request. This means at least one of the travelling party must be the winner.
11. Flights and accommodation to Ibiza will be arranged via a third party travel company.
12. Transfers and/or airport parking are not included
13. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a product or any part of it for something of equal or greater value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control.
14. The Promoter will not be liable for the cancellation or delays of any flights.
15. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are misdirected, lost, delayed, damaged or corrupted during delivery to or from the Promoter due to any computer malfunction, virus, bug, delay or other reason whatsoever. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information supplied to the Promoter by the claimant in the application.
16. To the fullest extent permissible by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered or sustained as a result of participation in the Program or use of or inability of the Participant to use any prize.
17. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion, to eliminate or disqualify any entries or entrants that it regards as being in breach of these conditions or the spirit of the Program.
18. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this Program or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Program or these Terms and Conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment. Any amendment or cancellation will be advertised with the same level of advertising given to these terms and conditions.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and to refuse to award the prize or refuse further participation in the Program where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this Program’s entry requirements or otherwise where a Participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the Program or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. The Participant represents and warrants to the Promoter that the uploading of the pictures / videos following the Program is made under the Participant’s sole responsibility. The Promoter is expressly exonerated from any liability for infringement or breach of rights which may arise from the uploading and in particular, with regard to possible violations of the rights of third parties (image, intimacy, honour, intellectual property and/or any other that might exist).
Consequently, the Participant expressly exempts and leaves the Promoter harmless from any liability and/or damage that may arise from the uploading and use of the pictures as well as from its use by any third party.
Also, the Participant expressly authorises the Promoter to reproduce and use the pictures / videos uploaded in any advertising and/or Program related to the Program, all in any medium, including the Internet and social media channels, without such activities granting the Participant the right to remuneration or any benefit, also exonerating the Promoter from any liability that might arise.
21. The Participant expressly authorises the Promoter to reproduce and use the pictures / videos uploaded jointly with the participant’s name, image, voice and likeness for any purpose in relation to the Program in any territory, in any media and in perpetuity.
22. Personal Data Protection
In compliance with the applicable personal data protection laws, the Promoter informs the Participants that the personal data that may be provided to participate in the Program, or the data provided after in case of being awarded with a prize, will be collected and processed under the control of the Promoter solely for the purpose of operating this Program and manganin the participation. Consequently, the processing of the Participant’s personal data is based on the Participant’s will to participate in the Program.
The personal data processed will be kept as long as the relationship between the Participant and the Promoter is in force. The Promoter will delete any personal data submitted by the Participant three (3) months after the end of the Promotional Period, save where the Promoter is obligated to retain it in order to comply with applicable law. In no case any form of processing of the personal data to profiling or the transfer of the personal data to third countries is contemplated by the Promoter.
The Promoter informs the Participant that it may outsource part of the services related to the management of the Program to third parties with the purpose of obtaining promotional, organisational logistic or administrative support (for instance, the Third Party or other companies that carry out the service of delivering the prizes, or companies rendering technological services like hosting of the Promoter’s Website or social media channels). All these companies are acting as processors or authorized recipients and can have access to and/or process the Participant’s personal data only as far as it is necessary to comply with the purposes of this Program.
The Promoter informs the Participant that he/she has right to request access to and rectification or erasure of his/her personal data, or restriction or objection to processing, as well as the right to data portability or to withdraw the consent given by addressing to the Promoter a written communication to PERFETTI VAN MELLE – PVM UK, The Boatyard, 105 Straight Road, Old Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 2SE, United Kingdom, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of the Data Protection Office.
Promotor informs the Participants of their right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority.
23. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions may result in disqualification from the Program and/or forfeit of an offer.
24. The Promoter shall not be liable for any interruption to this Program whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond the Promoter’s control.
25. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of these terms and conditions will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
26. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of these terms and conditions will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.